Image courtesy arztamui at www.freedigitalphotos.net
Purposeful Pathway is a haven for faith-based entrepreneurs. Part of my mission is equipping faith-based businesses with information that is practical, actionable and Scriptural.
The theme of this post is blessings others through your bliss!
As a business coach, I find joy in helping others achieve success in their faith-based businesses. Clients often come to me confused and bombarded by the plethora of information, systems and processes available. As wonderful and helpful as it may be, the endless stream of information can be overwhelming!
Sometimes my clients feel stuck because of a message that they need to adhere to a certain model in order to achieve success. I have been there too! When a certain “must-do” model does not resonate with us, we may feel “wrong” for not embracing it.
Yet the truth is: there is one path to salvation (through Jesus), but there are many paths to success.
“I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.” (Psalm 139:14) God has made each one of us wonderfully and beautifully unique. You have a collection of gifts, skills, experiences, passions and desires that make you special. Do you feel called to speak on stage? Stellar! Speak freely. Do you enjoy conducting teleseminars at home? Terrific! Host with wisdom. Do you enjoy beta-testing niche sites? Beautiful! Experiment with excellence. Do you enjoy writing? Wonderful! Write with passion.
When we embrace our bliss we bless many more lives – and with much greater joy.
That being said, embracing your bliss does not mean that you should avoid experimenting with different modalities; after all, how can you know what you enjoy if you do not experiment? Additionally, embracing your bliss does not mean you need to re-invent the wheel. As it has been said, success leaves clues. Learn from those who are successful in your areas of blissful passion. Embracing your bliss, however, does mean that you discover the sweetest peace, deepest joy and most fragrant fruit when you fully embrace who you are and what you love to do.
Let’s look at tactical steps now. How can move forward today to bless others with your bliss?
- Define what you love and what you dread. Create a list of two columns; one side includes those things you love, the other side the things you do not love. Do you love writing but dread speaking? Take note of this. Be completely honest, as we can be tempted even in this type of exercise to write what we think we “should” write.
- Circle the top bliss-bearing activities. Review your list and mark the activities that bring you most bliss. Are you incorporating these into your business consistently? If not, how can you?
- Aim to remove the drag-creating dreaded items. Again, reviewing the list, take stock of items you dread. These are the items that create “drag” in your business. Are you performing any of these now on a consistent basis? If so, how can you move away from this? Can you delegate? Outsource? Remove an unnecessary task completely?
- Construct a list of action steps and commit them to the Lord. What specific steps can you take to incorporate your areas of bliss and to remove your areas of dread? After writing down these action steps, create a time-sequenced action plan. Be sure to “commit your work to the Lord, and your plans will be established.” (Proverbs 16:3)
- Prepare for fear. When we step into our bliss, we may feel that we are doing something “wrong” as it feels almost “too easy.” Be prepared for the transition and pray for grace along the way!
- Prepare to change. Do not be afraid to try things that are not on your bliss list. We change, and so too can our bliss-bearing activities. Be open to experimenting in business and in life.
- Embrace blissful blessing! In faithfully taking the previous six steps, you will eventually find that your bliss bears blessing not only for you but for many. Best of all, your beautiful bliss best glorifies God! Praise Him for creating you to be extraordinarily unique in order to serve Him in an extraordinary way. “Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters…” (Colossians 3:23)
I am excited for you as you embrace your bliss for your benefit, for the blessing of others and for God’s glory!
If you need help in embracing your bliss for your business…I would be happy to help in this powerful process. I offer five complimentary “Boost my Business” sessions per month. If there is a slot available and if you are qualified, we will schedule a time. You will walk away with clarity, renewed vision and a completely customized clear-cut next-step action plan. Simply email me at email@example.com to schedule a time.
Let’s pray. Heavenly Father, thank You so much for fearfully and wonderfully making me. Forgive me, Father, when I am distracted by what others are and do; allow me to embrace gratefully what You have given me that I may serve You wholeheartedly with these gifts. I love you so much, and I desire to glorify You in every action word, every thought, every breath. Allow me, Beloved Daddy, to bless billions through my bliss. It’s in Jesus’ Name that I pray. Amen.
Caroline Gavin is a Christian Business Coach, Speaker, Author and Radio Host. Having found eternal victory in Christ, she overcame the dark depths of depression and the near-death of an eating disorder. Her joy now is sharing this joy in Jesus. As a Christian Business Coach and the Founder of Purposeful Pathway Business Coaching, she helps faith-based entrepreneurs pave their vocational paths, live with purpose and walk with God’s way. With years of experience in the financial and real estate industries, Caroline blends her passion for God, her financial expertise and her business acumen to create phenomenal results for her clients. She helps them to attract their ideal clients, powerfully package services and systematize efforts so they can enjoy fun, fruitful and profitable businesses. Refresh with her poetry and glean practical wisdom from her Biz Tips at www.PurposefulPathway.com. Connect with Caroline on Google+, Facebook and listen to her shows on Purposeful Pathway Radio. Contact her via firstname.lastname@example.org for a free Christian Business Coaching Consultation. You can also enjoy free resources such as the 7-week transformational Journey to Joy and the 21-Day Attract Clients NOW Challenge on the Purposeful Pathway web site. Caroline delights in her purposeful pathway of helping others to pave pathways of purpose, peace and passion for God’s glory!