Ken is President and CEO of CRG Consulting Resource Group International, Inc., founded in 1979. Many professionals herald CRG as the Number One global resource center for personal and professional development.
Did you know . . .
- 80% of people dislike their job—from feeling slight irritation to absolute loathing—and of those, over 33% HATE their work.
- A study by the US Human Resource Management Association found that 78% to 82% of all employees, including executives who currently have a job, are looking for other opportunities.
- A recent survey revealed the number one factor creating high levels of stress in the developed world for over 50% of individuals is their work.
- In a recent 142 country study Gallop research confirmed that less than 13% of the global workforce are engaged in their jobs and over 25% are actively disengaged.
Why the dismal numbers? READ FULL ARTICLE to get some reasons: Why Do People Hate Their Jobs?
Here is what I think about those dismal numbers…
My experience and observations with people are that MOST people prefer to complain and remain. That may sound harsh and judgmental to some of you, but the reality is, most people are offered plenty of help to get unstuck and out of their situation- and they choose NOT to receive it.
There are thousands of resources, books, services, etc. available to help people out of their situation. A google search will lead anyone to almost any solution. Yet, the dismal numbers get worse. A few years ago, studies showed that 70% of people dislike their jobs. Now we are up to 80%.
There is an abundance of help available to turn this travesty around. Yet, the people CHOOSE to stay in their misery. They give fear power over their lives. They’d rather cling to what they know- even though what they know sucks, rather than embrace the uncertainty.
They sit around complaining about the economy, their incompetent boss, a challenging co-worker, yet DO NOTHING to change that situation.
Here’s the truth: The economy has nothing to do with your happiness and the success you can have in your life. Don’t like your boss? Have you tried to have a conversation with them? IF that didn’t work, did you go to THEIR boss? Are YOU taking responsibility over your situation and doing all you can do to make the best of it?
Successful people who thrive in their lives, careers and business are never victims. You won’t hear them complain about things like that. Champions in life always take full responsibility in their lives and accept the things beyond their control.
Once you start living like a victor rather than a victim, you will be blown away at just how many things are really in your control.
Do successful people get stuck sometimes? Sure- but they know how to get unstuck. They know that they can’t get out of their situation alone. They know that it takes effort. They have people that in their lives they reach out to that will guide them out of the maze.
Ready to stop complaining and choose to change? AWESOME! Here are some tips:
1. Don’t even try to figure it out on your own. We are not meant to do life alone. Get connected with like-minded people and start locking arms.
2. Invest in hiring an expert. Community is not enough. Your going to need expert guidance.Trust me, they are worth the investment. Think you “can’t afford to hire someone?” Trust me on this, you can’t afford not to.
3. Do something you are afraid of. Start small. Maybe you are afraid of being vulnerable. (For more help on this visit Brene Brown). Find the safest person you know and share something you know you need to get out, but are afraid of. It doesn’t have to be your darkest secret. It could be something small. Just start taking small steps to stretch yourself.
Before you know it, you will be THRIVING! What steps have you taken to turn your life, business, or career around?