1. Things that held me back in 2014:
- Lack of organization and structure
2. Lessons learned:
- Moving at a very fast pace: sprinting on a treadmill but not getting anywhere or as far as I would have liked.
- I was not as consistent in my workflow that I would have liked. This led to burnout and discouragement.
- Determination is a positive thing. Stubbornness is not. Determination is refusing to give up- WITH WISDOM. Stubbornness is foolish- it’s willful, unteachable, and harmful.
- Lack of follow through and follow up hurt me big time this year.
3. Things I am doing differently:
- Prioritizing a system and work flow
- Staying consistent to develop new habits
- Slowing down. Get over the fact that I hate details and attend to them anyways. “Fast is slow and slow is fast”
- Document more
- Use outlines and mind maps
- Waking up earlier
- Saying no to the loud distractions.
- Doing things that scare me and intimidate me (calling people versus emailing them).
- Thinking of other’s more
Sign off: Visit Moved by Purpose, leave comment, subscribe, rate and write a review
Be guided by the experts! Tune in to my iTunes Podcast.
Don’t forget to Rate, Review, and Subscribe to my iTunes Podcast. Here’s how:
Are you in a job you hate? Want to free yourself from your day job and do what you love in your dream job? Subscribe to hear encouragement from leading experts like Dan Miller, Jeff Goins, Kent Julian, Corina Gordon Barnes, to get their best tips on how to enjoy the transition!