Mindset’s are extremely powerful. Another word for mindset is stronghold. A mindset can be positive or negative. A controversial statement or belief that I have is that MOST poverty is a mindset. As a Social Worker my client-base consisted of people living in poverty. I saw destructive, limiting, small and negative thinking hold these people down from breaking free from the oppressive, vicious cycle of poverty. Now some people in the world are truly oppressed by a corrupt government or some other force that holds them in the dire situation they are in. But for most Americans living in poverty it is a mindset.
Prosperity and abundance are also mindsets. People with the core belief that their success raises up everyone else. Their increase means more increase and gain for others. Someone else that offers a similar product or service means another person to partner with and collaborate with- not compete with. These people often live with plenty and give generously.
So how do we break the stronghold or mindsets that keep us in lack, fear, unbelief, doubt, anger?
My own recent revelation or enlightenment showed me and freed me of my own unknown strongholds. Here is what I did:
- Get closer in relationship with the Creator. Spend more time in conversation with Him. Your creator desires that you know Him. The only way to get to know a person is to make a conscious effort to spend time with them and talk to them.
- In these conversations (prayer) ask God why something isn’t lining up in your life. For me it was not seeing the fruit of my labor. His word says that the Diligent shall prosper. I was certainly working diligently but not quite seeing the harvest. This was a tip that something was wrong.
- Once He shows you, ask Him when this first showed up or appeared in your life.
- Repent of believing the lies
- Forgive and release anyone for any and all harm done to you- including yourself.
- Release the offense or the debt you held on to and give it to God.
- Ask Him what He has in return for you.
- Write down what He speaks to you and has given.
- Continue this cycle (it can take several hours and will often take more than one sitting).
- Ask God if the door is closed.
- If you sense a YES, ask Him to confirm it. You may get a vision of a sealed door or a deep sense of lightness and peace. You will feel the release and freedom.
- Stay on guard. Those thought patterns and belief in the lies have likely been with you for a while. Do not open the door that has been sealed when the temptation to believe in the familiar voice knocks.
- Meditate on the Truth. Review what God has given you in exchange for the ashes. Remind yourself repeatedly that what you really have is good. Call the lies what they are- lies and shoo them away.
Be guided by the experts! Tune in to my iTunes Podcast.
Don’t forget to Rate, Review, and Subscribe to my iTunes Podcast. Here’s how:
Are you in a job you hate? Want to free yourself from your day job and do what you love in your dream job? Subscribe to hear encouragement from leading experts like Dan Miller, Jeff Goins, Kent Julian, Corina Gordon Barnes, to get their best tips on how to enjoy the transition!