When we find that we have gotten off track with our goals it is typically because we have lost focus and became distracted.
As mentioned in the Conquering Chaos Part 1 podcast, it is important to ask yourself how you lost focus. What did you do to get yourself off track? This is not a time to be harsh with yourself and judgemental. Just a time to be honest and to reflect on what happened.
Once you have a better idea on how you got off track it’s time to steer yourself back on track.
- Start with Why.
- Why do you want to accomplish this goal?
- Why is this important?
- Who will you impact?
- How will your life improve?
- How will other’s lives improve?
- What’s at stake if you don’t accomplish this goal?
- Slow Down. When we are conquering chaos and regaining focus and control of our goals (and life in general) it is important to remember to slow down. Take a breather. To get more done, we often go harder and try more. That is actually counterproductive. It’s just as counterproductive as doing a hard workout without eating. To get the most effective workout and have optimal performance you need fuel, aka. food. To actually accomplish more what you actually need to do is slow down. Cachet does this by giving herself a detox day.
- Relish what you have accomplished. We can easily get distracted or beat ourselves up for losing focus. To help you get motivated you need to relish what you have accomplished. Celebrate the small wins. Don’t put off celebrating until you completed your goal 100%. Take time to celebrate accomplishments daily.
Is there a project you want finished by the end of the year? What will need to change in your current schedule to see that through?
Do you want to take any vacations or go to any conferences next year? What will you do to have the time and money to go? What needs to be in place to accomplish this?
If you liked this episode, ask a question or leave a comment.
Be guided by the experts! Listen to my Stitcher.
Tune in to my iTunes Podcast.