Darryl Lyons brings a faith-based approach to guide the ambitious entrepreneur. He is from a family of entrepreneurs, advises hundreds of small business owners, and is a successful small business owner himself. In fact, New York Times Best Selling author Dave Ramsey calls Darryl “a rock star.” As co-founder of PAX Financial Group in San Antonio, TX, Darryl has led the organization to become one of the fastest growing companies in San Antonio and one of the best places to work (San Antonio Business Journal).
He was a recipient of the John C. Maxwell Leadership Award in 2015 and Mayor Julian Castro has recognized Darryl for his involvement in redeveloping a part of the city by naming a park, the Darryl W Lyons park in his honor. Darryl resides in San Antonio, TX where he worships at Oak Hill’s Church led by Max Lucado and Randy Frazee. He is married to Caresse and they have 4 beautiful children.
In this episode you will learn:
- The power of focus, discipline and diligence
- To discard shiny things
- Darryl shares his personal story of being called to leave his job, and the adversity that came with that.
- “I was a Financial advisor who was broke,” learn what Darryl did to get past it.
Use envelopes (Dave Ramsey’s system)
- Pay cash for gas, groceries, and entertainment. This keeps you accountable to your budget.
- For businesses, use Smart Dollar software.
- Give when it hurts – Your generosity multiplies.
- Smart Dollar Software
- Pre-order Darryl’s book: Small Business, Big Pressure
- Packaged deal: book, e-book, 30 Small Business Start-Up Mistakes
Connect with him on:
If you liked this episode, ask a question or leave a comment.
Be guided by the experts! Listen to my Stitcher.
Tune in to my iTunes Podcast.
Don’t forget to Rate, Review, and Subscribe to my iTunes Podcast. Click here